COVID-19 has been a very difficult time for all of us and with the shutdown of dentistry, we understand that many of you have been forced to wait for dental care. We deeply appreciate your understanding while we were closed to do our part to control the spread of the coronavirus.
We are happy to announce that our office will re-open for patient treatment on Monday June 8.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Please be assured that we will be taking care of you just as well as we will be taking care of our own families.
We have changed our appointment procedures and taken other precautionary measures to provide a safe dental treatment appointment, which we have explained below.
Before Your Appointment
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
Upon Your Arrival To The Office
- While we LOVE punctuality, we ask that you do not come early for your appointment and that you do not linger afterwards, in order to encourage physical spacing. You are also welcome to wait in your vehicle or outside of the office until your scheduled appointment time. The office can call or text you when your treatment room is ready.
- Temperature checks will be taken upon entering the practice with a contactless thermometer.
- Patients showing signs or symptoms of illness, or exposure to COVID-19, will be asked to reschedule their appointments.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- You will be required to wear a mask at all times while in the office (except during the provision of care) – we encourage you to wear your own mask to your appointment as PPE is in short supply and must be reserved for our treatment team. A mask will be provided to you in the event that you have forgotten to wear one to your appointment.
- Only scheduled patients will be allowed into the office other than patients requiring care from one guardian or caregiver.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Waiting area chairs will be spaced to allow for 6 feet of distancing.
- We ask that patients continue to practice physical distancing measures in the office at all times.
- There will be no physical contact with patients except for treatment.
- Hand sanitizer is available at our entrance and throughout the office.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, books or children’s toys as those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Common areas including restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
Your Treatment and Care
- All staff will be screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons.
- Staff temperatures will be taken daily upon entering the practice.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided for all clinical and administrative staff including N95 masks, face shields, gowns, gloves, and other protective equipment as required.
- Treatment rooms will be completely sterilized before patients are seated – extra time will be scheduled in-between appointments to allow for the thorough cleaning and disinfection of treatment rooms and equipment as well as to reduce waiting times for you.
- You will be asked to rinse with 1.5% hydrogen peroxide for 60 seconds prior to being seated.
- During treatment, our team will strictly follow guidelines set by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario as well as health regulations set by federal guidance, and the provincial Government.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
- Plexiglas screens have been installed at reception counters to protect patients and staff. After every transaction, the screens will be cleaned and disinfected.
- All pens required for completing required forms have been cleaned and disinfected. We will avoid using paper forms as much as possible.
- Credit card or debit payment is preferred at this time. Payment processing terminals will be wiped and sanitized after each use.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer before leaving the office.
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution as we want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one.
Please be patient with us as we reschedule all previous appointments that were cancelled. If you require an appointment immediately, please contact us directly.
We look forward to reconnecting with each of you and providing for your dental needs.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Dr. Lancelot A. Brown and team