Our dental office is now open for all services and procedures.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Please be assured that we will be taking care of you just as well as we will be taking care of our own families.
We have changed our appointment procedures and taken other precautionary measures to provide a safe dental treatment appointment, which we have explained below.
Prior to Coming In For Your Appointment
- Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to do a Covid-19 screening. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
Upon Initial Entry To Our Office
- You will be asked to disinfect your hands using hand sanitizer.
- Your temperature will be taken with a contactless forehead thermometer.
- Covid-19 screening questions will be repeated.
- It is mandatory that patients and visitors wear a mask at all times while in the office except during the provision of care. We encourage you to bring your own mask as PPE is in short supply at this time. A mask will be provided if you arrive without a mask.
- Except as needed when providing care, please endeavor to maintain a physical distance of at least 2 meters between all people in the office.
Before Your Appointment
- You will be asked to rinse with 1.5% hydrogen peroxide for 60 seconds.
After Your Appointment
- Put your mask back on before exiting the treatment room.
- Credit card or debit payment is preferred at this time. Payment processing terminals will be wiped and sanitized after each use.
- Disinfect with hand sanitizer before leaving the office.
- Inform office staff if you experience any symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days of your appointment.
While we LOVE punctuality, we ask that you do not come early for your appointment and that you do not linger afterwards, in order to encourage physical spacing. We also ask that any accompanying individuals wait outside the dental practice (e.g. in their car), unless absolutely required. You can also wait outside and call us to let us know you have arrived – we will then call you to come up once your treatment room is ready.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, books or children’s toys as those items are difficult to cleaning and disinfect.
- Common areas including restrooms are cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
- Plexiglas screens have been installed at reception counters to protect patients and staff. After every transaction, the screens are cleaned and disinfected.
- All staff will be screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons.
- Staff temperatures are taken daily upon entering the practice.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment will be worn by all clinical and administrative staff.
- Treatment rooms are completely sterilized before patients are seated – extra time will be scheduled in between appointments to allow for the thorough cleaning and disinfection of treatment rooms and equipment as well as to reduce waiting times for you.
- Treatment rooms have been temporarily sealed to contain aerosols during aerosol-generating procedures.
- Medical grade air purifiers have been placed in each operatory as well as in the reception area.
- All pens required for completing required forms have been cleaned and disinfected. We will avoid using paper forms as much as possible.
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution as we want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one.
We look forward to reconnecting with each of you and providing for your dental needs.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Dr. Lancelot Brown and Team